Monday, July 22, 2013

Mom

I knew this day was coming, but I didn't expect it be this soon. My mother is gone. I know I'm not the first to lose their mother, but I just didn't think it would happen to me. They say you never know what you have till it's gone and boy were they right. I never knew how often I spoke with her till she wasn't there to answer my call or reply to my email.
She was a wonderful person and I will miss her dearly. I never thought that she would leave me so soon. She had years yet to live, she was taken too fast. There were things she wanted to do, people she wanted to see, and things at Walmart she wanted to buy. She was always busy like that. She always made sure her kids and husband came first. She was always there to lend an ear or a shoulder to those in need. Though her years were short, she lived a good life. She knew what was important.
I'll never get to see my mother again and that's what hurts most of all. There were things I still wanted to tell her. Things I still wanted to do with her. Take the time to call your mother every time you can. You never know when she won't be there. Life's a bitch that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment